Cut your calories
When starting a juicing program, most people experience weight loss because they no longer have cravings for junk food and high-carb foods. However, it’s important to also reduce your daily caloric intake by at least one hundred calories. This simple strategy has been shown in long-term weight studies to help people maintain weight loss for more than two years. It’s easy to do and such a small amount that your body won’t even notice that you’re on a diet. By doing this, your metabolism won’t slow down and you’ll naturally lose weight.
If you’re following a living foods diet and end up cutting more than one hundred calories a day, don’t worry. Your metabolism should remain unaffected because this type of eating is full of living nutrients like vitamins, enzymes, and bio-photons, which help boost your metabolism.
If you believe that skipping breakfast will help you cut calories and lose weight quickly, you’re mistaken. People who skip breakfast tend to eat more during lunch because they become very hungry, and they also tend to snack more throughout the day. Instead, it’s better to start your day with a nutritious breakfast, such as a glass of raw vegetable juice or a green smoothie, a nut smoothie, or another dish made with living foods. Many people report feeling full and energized after drinking a glass of vegetable juice or a green smoothie. However, if you’re still feeling hungry, you can follow it up with some protein, such as raw nuts or seeds, raw vegetable dip with fresh vegetables, a vegetable omelet, or a bowl of steel-cut oatmeal.
A study of people who have lost at least 30 pounds found that 78 percent of them ate breakfast. So, it’s important to make sure you eat something within an hour of waking up, as this can speed up your metabolism by 10%.
Eat healthy snacks
If you work outside the home every day, you should make healthy snacks and put them in small containers or plastic bags. You can easily put these snacks in your purse, briefcase, or insulated tote bag and take them with you. If you have healthy foods like fresh vegetables, low-sugar fruits, raw nuts or seeds on hand, you won’t be tempted to go to the vending machine or steal candy from a coworker’s dish. Also, by the end of the day, you won’t feel so hungry that you eat half a bag of chips or cookies before dinner.
Drink purified water
If you’re feeling hungry, drink a glass of clean water. It might make you feel full and cut down on your desire to eat. The hormones in our intestines that tell us we are hungry are similar to the hormones that tell us we are thirsty. This makes it hard to tell the difference between hunger and thirst. We sometimes eat when we should be drinking water because of this. When you feel hungry, your body may really want water. To burn calories, you also need to drink water. Individuals who consume eight or more glasses of water a day burn more calories compared to people who drink less . If you don’t like the taste of plain water, you can add fresh lemon juice or try other flavors like lemon or ginger. Buying a good water purifier can also make your water taste better and be cleaner, which is good for your health as a whole.
Go low glycemic
Low-glycemic diet plans, which are also called low-carb diets, are popular because they help people get the results they want. When you eat foods with a high glycemic index, your blood sugar level goes up, which makes your body make more insulin and store fat. The low-glycemic diet was first made to help diabetics control their blood sugar. Because it works, it has become popular in the weight-loss industry. The Journal of the American Medical Association found that people who lost weight with a low-glycemic diet were able to keep it off for longer than those who lost the same amount of weight with a standard low-fat diet. It’s important to keep in mind that low-fat diets can be bad for your health because we need enough essential fats, like omega-3s, in our food. Quality fats, which should make up about 30% of your diet, can also help you feel full.
Keep a positive attitude
Don’t ever tell yourself that you can’t do something, like lose weight. Get rid of all the bad things you’re thinking and only say and think good things about yourself and other people. If you want to lose five pounds in two weeks, imagine that you have already reached your goal. Think about the weight you want to reach at the end of the two weeks, and think about how great you will feel when you’ve lost five pounds. It’s important to keep yourself from giving up on yourself and giving up before you even start. Keep a good attitude and be driven to reach your goals.
Here are some more suggestions to help you keep losing weight after the weekend:
- Try to drink at least two 10- to 12-ounce glasses of vegetable juice every day.
- Try to eat between 75% and 80% of your food in its raw form. Raw foods are those that have been dried out between 105 and 115 degrees Fahrenheit and still have their enzymes and vitamins.
- Stay away from starchy vegetables like potatoes, yams, winter squash, corn, and peas for the first three weeks. Also, you should stop eating all grains except wild rice, which is a low-carb cereal grass.
- Don’t eat more than a dozen nuts a day, and don’t eat more than 1 or 2 tablespoons of seeds or 1 teaspoon of nut butter, since nuts and seeds both have carbs.
- Have a juice feast every week on the same day. On this day, you should only drink vegetable juices and raw soups, and you should drink the daily recommended amount of water and green, white, or herbal tea. Add a little cranberry juice or concentrate to the water to help flush out fat and as a diuretic. Make sure to buy cranberry juice or concentrate that is pure and has no added sugar. This can also help you stop eating.
- Have a small snack or a glass of vegetable juice in the middle of the morning and the middle of the afternoon to keep your blood sugar stable and avoid eating too much at lunch, snacking before dinner, or eating too much at dinner.
- Since we tend to burn fewer calories at night than during the day, the lighter your evening meal, the faster you will lose weight.
- Make a plan to work out three to four times a week that includes a variety of exercises.